As companies and businesses grow and develop, they inevitably become more complex. When time, energy, and resources are spent on managing these complexities, the ability to create value diminishes. Ricardo's strategic consulting support provides our clients with effective management in minimising system and component complexity that can yield a significant effect on costs, from product development through production including service requirements.
Ricardo's seasoned leadership with diverse industry background continually delivers proven multi-segment methodologies in managing complex programme and product portfolios around the world. Our experienced team brings a “fresh eyes” approach to challenge established internal paradigms and implement “real industry” solutions.
Our capabilities combine our expertise and experience in planning, engineering and management, and include:
- Analysis of systems from both a functional attributes and a physical characteristics perspective for a comprehensive view
- Complexity tree analysis to facilitate identification of potential overlapping parts and sub-systems
- Developing supporting models (cost, sku, part count, etc..) to support optimal choices for strategic programme planning and complexity reduction
Our unique approach combines:
- Developing iterations of variant trees to better understand the best hierarchy of attributes for best identification of groupings for potential complexity reduction
- Creating BoM comparator models to compare parts and costs across products
- Developing optimal inventory levels for effective control of complexity for existing and new product programmes
- Investigate inbound freight matrix to strategically position the programme supply base locations to minimize delivery and quality risks