Regulation and policy
New and rapidly evolving government regulations and policies are greatly impacting the automotive and transportation industries. RSC's knowledge and expertise in these industries helps our clients navigate the complex web of auto regulations, laws, and compliance issues. Additionally, we support governments and regulatory organisations world-wide, by providing independent, in-depth and objective advice to enable decision making and the development of new policies and regulations.
Our experienced consulting team has over 100 years of regulation and policy leadership, ensuring client businesses remain both strong and compliant in a constantly changing environment. We have provided technical analysis to the EPA, NHTSA and ARB, among many other public- and private-sector clients. Recently, Ricardo developed a defensible rationale for 2017–2025 to support light duty greenhouse gas (GHG) and fuel economy rulemaking.
In this dynamic setting, Ricardo supports industry decision makers in responding to these challenges, in addition to helping them exploit opportunities to improve efficiency and competitiveness. Our approach involves:
- Determining technological, portfolio, and logistical implications of a particular regulatory scheme
- Developing technology roadmaps to align client products with changing regulatory requirements
- Simulating costs and consumer behavior based on product changes over a range of future conditions
- Producing a comprehensive view of the effects of regulations to provide clarity to government agencies and manufacturers
Ricardo's seasoned consultants have a profound grasp of the industries we serve including policy and regulation expertise across broad range of sectors and applications. Our team has developed methods to model financial and technical regulatory effects allowing measurement under a variety of future scenarios.
Our sector specialist teams have unique capabilities, including:
- Delivering informed and impartial evaluation of regulation by combining energy, automotive and commercial vehicle knowledge bases
- Conducting accurate assessment of economic and non-economic impacts on the market to guide policymaking
- Creating compliance strategies and game out competitor moves to forecast reshaped business conditions