Continued evolution of a business often requires separation. Whether this is due to market repositioning, a renewed focus on core competencies, or a transformation strategy to react to the latest market conditions or technical trends, strategic management of a company’s portfolio is crucial to remain competitive in an industry undergoing tectonic shifts in conditions. For many companies, however, choosing what to sell and when remains an overwhelming challenge, particularly for internal stakeholders with competing priorities.
At Ricardo Strategic Consulting (RSC), our team of experienced consultants brings an objective, informed, and measured perspective to our clients’ divestiture challenges. By leveraging our unique combination of commercial understanding and operational experience, we support our clients throughout the entire divestiture lifecycle, from strategy development to deal negotiation and, crucially, onto operational separation planning and implementation. By applying our extensive industry experience with divestiture planning and implementation, our team helps our clients minimize disruption to separated business units, reducing operational impacts and maximizing value to both buyer and seller.
RSC supports clients from across industries, whether corporate or Private Equity, in the following ways:
- Portfolio assessment and valuation for a potential sale, based on a review of technical, operational, and commercial parameters and assessment of current and future market conditions
- Identification of potential buyers, along with development and implementation of asset marketing to those buyers
- Comprehensive due diligence on potential buyers and assessment of deal structures
- Negotiation support with data-driven research and analysis, based on extensive industry experience and networks
- Operational planning and implementation for a divestiture to minimize disruption and maximize value, including comprehensive program management