The automotive and transportation industries are rapidly evolving, and many companies are finding that they must collaborate with others to remain competitive. A partnership or joint venture (JV) is a way to gain access to new markets or technologies quickly, as an alternative to making an acquisition. However, there are many challenges inherent in implementing JVs and alliances, and many companies overlook a critical piece of any alliance or JV effort – the launch planning and execution. Ricardo Strategic Consulting (RSC) can help you identify strategic partnership opportunities that best meet your requirements and help you maximize the potential synergies while mitigating the associated risks and concerns.
Our experts possess a deep understanding of the industry that enables us to bring strategic insights to your business case evaluation. RSC guides our clients through this process using a tailored approach, incorporating proven methods, including:
- Multidimensional profile screening based on technology, sales channels, product features, brand, market share, etc.
- Competitive benchmarking to down-select the most suitable partner profiles
- Synergy mapping of potential profiles with client needs and ranking based on attractiveness
- Definition of a clear action plan to prepare for new business unit development
The unique capabilities of our sector specialist teams include:
- Ability to develop potential partner profiles with detailed opportunities/risk assessment and quantify their value to client
- Involvement from market research to selection, profiling, due diligence, and strategy recommendation
- Advisement on a strategic approach to negotiations with potential partners
- Support through a seamless integration of partners, enabling all parties to maximize the benefits