For the adoption of connected and autonomous vehicle technologies to continue at the rate the industry expects, consumers and regulators need to be assured of the safety and robustness of these new products. A key element of this safety is cybersecurity and cyber-resilience. Recently, there have been several high-profile demonstrations of vehicle hacking, shining a media spotlight on the vulnerabilities of current generation vehicles and bringing the challenge for future vehicles into sharp focus.
As more connected and autonomous technologies are implemented, those vulnerabilities will continue to multiply. To counteract this, investment by the automotive industry in cybersecurity and cyber-resilience is expected to grow exponentially in the coming decade, and both established industry players and new market entrants alike are working to understand how they should react.
At Ricardo Strategic Consulting (RSC), our team of experience consultants blend technical expertise and business acumen to help our clients anticipate and overcome the challenges for cybersecurity across the automotive and transport industries. By leveraging the cybersecurity technology development and implementation skills of the wider Ricardo group and combining this with world-leading business acumen, we partner with our clients to develop and implement cutting edge, commercially sound cybersecurity strategies. RSC also partners with Roke to offer the full spectrum of cybersecurity and cyber-resilience solutions to our clients.
Our team of consultants can craft a bespoke solution to your company’s challenges, including:
- Development of cyber-attack scenarios and conducting of risk/impact assessments, including suggestions for resilience improvements
- Assessment of market trends and design of robust market-entry strategies
- Competitive benchmarking of cybersecurity and cyber-resilience strategies from across the automotive and transport industries, as well as other adjacent industries
- Technology roadmapping for relevant products, including analysis of cost vs. benefits for available technical solutions
- Training and skills development across organizational silos, from technical to commercial, basic to advanced