In a challenging and fast-paced market undergoing significant disruption due to the introduction of new technology, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and suppliers are increasingly re-evaluating their product portfolio and manufacturing strategy. To remain competitive, established industry players need to deploy their limited resources in a manner that minimizes risk and maximizes return on investment. New entrants to the automotive industry will also need to make smart, well-researched, and comprehensively planned investments to be successful.
Developing an appropriate plan for manufacturing requires an understanding of the trade-offs involved, including performance vs. cost, throughput vs. quality, and scale vs. efficiency. At Ricardo Strategic Consulting (RSC), our experienced consultants combine a deep technical understanding, operational experience, and strong business acumen to develop and implement robust, tailored manufacturing and investment plans for our clients.
Our professionals possess unique capabilities in the area of manufacturing and investment planning, including:
- Financial analysis and modelling to assess strategic options on an objective and financially-sound basis
- Make vs. buy assessment across the full supply chain, including strategic considerations such as technology ownership, capability development, and IP
- Global supply chain analysis and development, including localised sourcing in developing markets
- Competitor benchmarking and supply chain comparison
- Stress-testing of potential investment strategies for robustness to future industry disruptions, including technical and commercial factors