Large and complex organizations have many functions that are tied together by common corporate objectives. With changing market conditions and demographics, some functional areas may struggle to adapt, which can pose a major risk to the overall organization. In these situations, functional leaders need to step back, review strategic goals of the company, and re-evaluate capabilities to identify gaps. They must be agile, flexible, and ready to drive change across their functions.
Ricardo Strategic Consulting (RSC) has extensive experience in transforming functional organizations along the complete value chain, from 'upstream' (engineering, sourcing, production) to 'downstream' (sales, marketing, aftersales). Utilising our deep understanding of future technology requirements and the drivers behind functional area transformation, RSC provides our clients with a clear target picture for functional areas based on emerging requirements. Through our extensive benchmarking knowledge and experience in implementing organizational change, we deliver successful organizational transformation for our clients, increasing the efficiency and relevance of the organization unit.
Our capabilities include:
- Integration of new requirements into functional organizations, including electrification, autonomous driving, over-the-air-updates, CO2 management, and lightweighting
- Definition of collaboration models and organizational interfaces between external partners and internal units
- Agile organization models and staffing
- Planning of future research and development footprint, including new engineering processes and structures
- Strategy development for future sales, distribution, and aftersales service organization based on digital capabilities