Ricardo’s benchmarking activities provide a valuable mechanism for customers to assess the competitiveness of their own products in a highly objective and informed manner.
Ricardo are active in a wide range of benchmarking services that enable robust technical and commercial comparisons to be made, helping customers develop a more competitive future product strategy.
- Design: Comparison of product designs, in either finished or concept form, against Ricardo design guidelines and competitor products
- EconoMark: CO2 reduction technologies and calibration strategies
- Transmissions: Reports include teardown, design and manufacturing critique of all systems, with testing and key measurements of specific attributes including Gear Shift Quality Assessment (GSQA)
- Hybrid & EV systems: Benchmarking comparisons across battery, motor, power electronics, charging, thermal and other xEV related systems
- SONAR – NVH: SONAR is an international automotive powertrain NVH consortium organized and led by Ricardo for over 10 years