Planning energy for a sustainable world
Ricardo specializes in providing innovative, practical and deliverable solutions for the energy sector. Our team members have particular strengths in power sector investment planning, renewable electricity and heat, energy storage, transmission, distribution and smart grids, community energy, international electricity markets, and industry regulation.
The strength of our team lies in our ability to combine strategic, financial / economic and technical advice as an integrated consultancy service to public and private sector clients around the world.
Our specialists have expertise in the business and technical issues involved in connecting renewable and conventional energy technologies into existing energy networks – whether large hydropower schemes, conventional thermal power stations or dispersed generation projects, such as wind farms and biomass-fired plants. They also provide world-leading smart-grid solutions to help clients implement networks that are intelligently integrating generation, storage and demand in real-time, while protecting the network assets.
RSC also has extensive recent experience in managing renewable energy manufacturing programmes and new product launches, helping clients increase throughput, improve yield, resolve complex quality issues and support the set-up of new production facilities.
Examples of RSC’s recent Energy experience
- Delivered major manufacturing cost saving program for leading wind turbine blade manufacturer
- Provided technology assessments and global market penetration and fuel consumption forecasts for an oil consortium
- Defined and implemented a detailed pilot for a public charging service offering
- Assessed energy use at a gas terminal and identified technical solutions to give cost and carbon emission benefits
- Evaluated the quality management system of the client’s major program supplier
- Assessed quality systems of a transformers for a major public utility provider
- Organised market research events for a global energy supplier to review market and customer trends, identifying cost and performance opportunities